Special Edition Podcast
Running Time: 00:48:08
John Romita Jr. has been an A-list artist for the past 30 years. Primarily known for his work at Marvel Comics with legendary runs on Uncanny X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Thor and many other projects like World War Hulk, The Sentry, The Punisher: War Zone and more, Romita Jr. has followed in the footsteps of his father, John Romita Sr., making great Marvel Comics. Recently, his foray into creator owned work with Mark Millar gave us Kick-Ass, the realistic/hyper violent tale of a kid who becomes a super hero. As we all know, Kick-Ass has been adapted into a movie by Matthew Vaughn and is set to be released next week.
Josh Flanagan and Ron Richards jumped at the chance to chat with John Romita Jr., and talked about the following things:
- His working relationship with Millar on Kick-Ass and what the movie making prcoess has been like
- His interest in creator owned work, including his upcoming project with Howard Chaykin, Shmuggy and Bimbo, which he confirmed will be published through the Icon line at Marvel Comics. His previous work, The Grey Area, printed originally through Image, will be republished under the Icon imprint as well.
- His upcoming work with Brian Michael Bendis on Avengers, which includes Kang as the villain in issue #1
John Romita Jr. is truly one of the good guys in comics and we hope you enjoy this conversation.
Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
(Right-click and choose "Save As..." and save locally)
Doing the podcast is fun and all, but let's be honest, listening to the 3 of us talk to each other can get repetitive, so we look to you, the iFanboy listeners to participate in the podcast! "How can I get in on the fun?" you may ask yourself, well here's how:
- E-Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, comments or anything that may be on your mind.
- Call us at 1-888-FANBOYS (326-2697) and leave a voicemail
Please don't forget to leave your name and where you're writing/calling from and each week, we'll pick the best e-mails and voicemails to include on the podcast!