Special Edition Podcast
Scott Allie is the managing editor at Dark Horse Comics, where he edits many of the most successful comics at Dark Horse, like Hellboy, The Goon and Buffy The Vampire Slayer. In addition to his editing duties, he is also an accomplished writer. Well versed in the horror genre, Allie's latest work came out this past Wednesday, Solomon Kane: Death's Black Riders #1. He also published an original graphic novel last fall called Exurbia.
Paul Montgomery and Ron Richards caught up with Scott Allie and chatted about how he got into comics and what the role of an editor is, his writing career and his latest work with Solomon Kane, as well as editing high profile books and creators with the Umbrella Academy, Hellboy and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- How Allie approached converting Solomon Kane to comics
- Allie revealed that the recent plot development involving Hellboy and King Arthur has been in the plans for Hellboy by creator Mike Mignola for nearly 13 years.
- Allie comments on the recent events surrounding "Buffygate", with the spoiling of the villain Twilight in Brad Meltzer's upcoming arc on Buffy the Vampire Slayer
(Right-click and choose "Save As..." and save locally)
Doing the podcast is fun and all, but let's be honest, listening to the 3 of us talk to each other can get repetitive, so we look to you, the iFanboy listeners to participate in the podcast! "How can I get in on the fun?" you may ask yourself, well here's how:
- E-Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, comments or anything that may be on your mind.
- Call us at 1-888-FANBOYS (326-2697) and leave a voicemail
Please don't forget to leave your name and where you're writing/calling from and each week, we'll pick the best e-mails and voicemails to include on the podcast!