Pick of the Week Podcast
We’re in San Francisco for WonderCon, and we’re talking comic books – no emails or voicemails, just comic books.
(thanks to g0ofgnewt for covering for us):
* 00:00:40- Special Guest: Gordon the Intern maybe sans pants! Tangerines aplenty.
00:02:20- Conor had a tough month with his books. The best of the stack
for the resident Batman fan was Zorro#1 by Dynamite Entertainment as
his pick of the week. Problems ensue with Street Fighter characters
* 00:12:13- Sergio Aragones takes over The Spirit and the boys find it difficult not to compare to Cooke’s.
* 00:15:21- There is a bittersweet reaction to Checkmate #25. Josh feels like a jilted lover.
* 00:18:42- Batman Confidential #13 starts a new story arc and had Conor questioning continuity.
* 00:20:52- Mighty Avengers cracked Ron up.
* 00:24:46- Superman/Batman #46 has some trippy connotations for Supes.
* 00:27:56- Poster child for the worst comics revealed! Flash #237 which has a guest creative team but with the same problems.
00:31:18- Ron tries to talk Invincible #48 without being accosted in a
hotel. Continuity freaks unite around this issue. The entire Image
universe turns up in issue. Awesomeness is around the corner with #50.
00:32:58- Clint B. gets rectified with the boys talking about Red
Hulk #2. Get your insurance as car wreaks may nearer than you think. And
who is Maria Hill?
* 00:37:32- Josh likes Ultimate Human #2. He doesn’t know anything about this Hulk and it must be why he likes it.
00:39:07- Justice League of America #18 was enjoyable this week. But the back up
story was more enjoyable. And they ruin Disney for Gordon the Intern.
00:41:50- Rumors abound around which ultimate book is on the chopping
block. Ultimate X-Men maybe it, in #91 see the X-Men get there asses
handed to them and the whole Ultimate universe joins in.
* 00:44:57- Image comics is now publishing Perhapanaughts. Ron read the second annual and liked the mix of B.P.R.D. and Proof.
* 00:46:47- Josh thumbed through Youngblood #2 and had a surprising result. Ron agreed that it was a good issue.
* 00:49:40- Closing Credits.
The Silence Between Us
(Right-click and choose "Save As..." and save locally)
Doing the podcast is fun and all, but let's be honest, listening to the 3 of us talk to each other can get repetitive, so we look to you, the iFanboy listeners to participate in the podcast! "How can I get in on the fun?" you may ask yourself, well here's how:
- E-Mail us at email@example.com with any questions, comments or anything that may be on your mind.
Please don't forget to leave your name and where you're writing from and each week, we'll pick the best e-mails to include on the podcast!