Pick of the Week Podcast
We’re in San Francisco for WonderCon, and we’re talking comic books – no emails or voicemails, just comic books.
(thanks to g0ofgnewt for covering for us):
* 00:00:40- Special Guest: Gordon the Intern maybe sans pants! Tangerines aplenty.
00:02:20- Conor had a tough month with his books. The best of the stack
for the resident Batman fan was Zorro#1 by Dynamite Entertainment as
his pick of the week. Problems ensue with Street Fighter characters
* 00:12:13- Sergio Aragones takes over The Spirit and the boys find it difficult not to compare to Cooke’s.
* 00:15:21- There is a bittersweet reaction to Checkmate #25. Josh feels like a jilted lover.
* 00:18:42- Batman Confidential #13 starts a new story arc and had Conor questioning continuity.
* 00:20:52- Mighty Avengers cracked Ron up.
* 00:24:46- Superman/Batman #46 has some trippy connotations for Supes.
* 00:27:56- Poster child for the worst comics revealed! Flash #237 which has a guest creative team but with the same problems.
00:31:18- Ron tries to talk Invincible #48 without being accosted in a
hotel. Continuity freaks unite around this issue. The entire Image
universe turns up in issue. Awesomeness is around the corner with #50.
00:32:58- Clint B. gets rectified with the boys talking about Red
Hulk #2. Get your insurance as car wreaks may nearer than you think. And
who is Maria Hill?
* 00:37:32- Josh likes Ultimate Human #2. He doesn’t know anything about this Hulk and it must be why he likes it.
00:39:07- Justice League of America #18 was enjoyable this week. But the back up
story was more enjoyable. And they ruin Disney for Gordon the Intern.
00:41:50- Rumors abound around which ultimate book is on the chopping
block. Ultimate X-Men maybe it, in #91 see the X-Men get there asses
handed to them and the whole Ultimate universe joins in.
* 00:44:57- Image comics is now publishing Perhapanaughts. Ron read the second annual and liked the mix of B.P.R.D. and Proof.
* 00:46:47- Josh thumbed through Youngblood #2 and had a surprising result. Ron agreed that it was a good issue.
* 00:49:40- Closing Credits.
The Silence Between Us
(Right-click and choose "Save As..." and save locally)
Doing the podcast is fun and all, but let's be honest, listening to the 3 of us talk to each other can get repetitive, so we look to you, the iFanboy listeners to participate in the podcast! "How can I get in on the fun?" you may ask yourself, well here's how:
- E-Mail us at email@example.com with any questions, comments or anything that may be on your mind.
- Call us at 1-888-FANBOYS (326-2697) and leave a voicemail
Please don't forget to leave your name and where you're writing/calling from and each week, we'll pick the best e-mails and voicemails to include on the podcast!