Weekly Sketch Up – 12.21.2012

megan_madmen_panosian

Megan Draper by Dan Panosian

liz_kalle

Liz Sherman by Kalle Malloy

hawkeye_lieber

Hawkeye by Steve Lieber

Comments

1. KillTheG1mp KillTheG1mp says:

Wonderful, as always! :)

2. Viewt Viewt says:

Stupid sexy Hawkeye.

3. walterwhite walterwhite says:

Tyler Crook for the win!!! Not sure about that Hawkeye pic, looks like a really bad Disney musical.

4. I love checking this feature out every week and seeing characters I haven’t seen in comics, like John Maclane. Also, any time I can start the day with something by Bill Sienkiewicz is a good day.

5. Will Magnus Will Magnus says:

The Sienkiewicz Shadow is awesome!

Really dig Crook’s work. Loved Petrograd. Is he on an on-going series anywhere?

6. Cantseeme Cantseeme says:

Would anyone else care to see the Hernandez brothers on a Wonder Woman book? I know I’d buy it.

7. The Shadow is terrific!

8. RoiVampire RoiVampire says:

That Megan Draper is so great

9. That Shadow sketch makes me yearn for the old Bill Sienkiewicz, Howard Chaykin, Kyle Baker issues. I might have to dig those out…

the Tiki

• Urthona Urthona says:

You’re right Tiki, those were some great issues! Wonder what Kyle Baker’s doing nowadays? I feel like Sienkiewicz is slowly returning to the comics industry, I hope someone brilliant like Brian Wood or Jason Aaron does a book with him soon…or hey, why not Elektra II w/ Frank “goddamn” Miller!? More Sienkiewicz would be a godsend.

Megan’s got a little J. Scott Campbell face goin’.

The Sienkiewicz Shadow wins for me, which is tough to do in any contest that includes John McClane.

“Fists with your toes. Son of a bitch.”

11. bub64882 bub64882 says:

Wow that Shadow is great. Sienkiewicz is nit or miss for me, but that one is a big fat HIT.

12. R.J. Ryan R.J. Ryan (@RJRHQ) says:

That MAD MEN piece is pure gold.

13. hanson724 hanson724 says:

John McClane and The Shadow pictures for the win. In that order. Would love to see a 5-6 issue Die Hard series.

14. JSAkid JSAkid says:

The Shadow for the win if I had to pick one, then John McClane ….I love the Liz Sherman,really captures her potential and looks really cool with those boots n knee pads, more tactical outfit suits a BPRD agent.