The Best of the Week in Panels – 08.21.2013

So this is a Harvard bar, huh? I thought there’d be panels and shit on the wall.

Daredevil_30_Panel

Daredevil #30

By Mark Waid, Chis Samnee, Javier Rodriguez, & Joe Caramagna

I bet driving a cosmic surf board would be AWESOME.

Batman_66_2_Panel

Batman ’66 #2

By Jeff Parker, Ty Templeton, Wes Hartman, & Wes Abbott

This panel made me laugh for a good ten minutes over three or four occasions. I could almost hear Adam West breathily delivering the dialogue through clenched teeth.

Ultimate Comics_The Ultimates_29_Panel

Ultimate Comics: The Ultimates #29

By Joshua Hale Fialkov, Carmine De Giandomenico, Lorenzo Ruggiero, Jim Charalampidis, & Clayton Cowles

Reed Richards splitting himself off into multiple gooey versions of himself to get more work done? Creepy.

Wonder Woman_23_Panel

Wonder Woman #23

By Brian Azzarello, Cliff Chiang, Matthew Wilson, & Jared K. Fletcher

The God of War’s got a badass army.

Indestructible Hulk_12_Panel

Indestructible Hulk #12

By Mark Waid, Matteo Scalera, Val Staples, & Chris Eliopoulos

This is probably my favorite page of the week. Featuring dynamic action spiraling out of a strong central focal point, it’s like a clinic on how to portray an exciting single page.

Justice League Dark_23_Panel

Justice League Dark #23

By Jeff Lemire, Mikel Janin, Jeromy Cox, & Rob Leigh

I loved that when Captain Marvel Shazam activated Pandora’s Box the consequences reverberated throughout the various universes in the DC multiverse.

Comments

1. skestra skestra says:

Great choices this week! My favorite hands down was the Penquin channeling his inner Mickey in “Batman ’66″. That one panel was worth the price of the comic alone. :)

2. seanxxo seanxxo says:

It was a really nice touch that Wars army consisted of soldiers that never died in battle, fantastic issue. Also every time I see a daredevil panel in this section I always get angry at myself for reading it in hardcovers.

3. Mister Mister says:

Who’s the dude just below The Demon?

4. MaxPower MaxPower says:

Samnee’s brain has a geometric perspective that would induce vertigo in any other mortal man.

5. 85 85 says:

A Daredevil and Batman panel next to each other…I get it….

6. I’m sorry but…

How….HOW is Hulk fighting a T-Rex NOT in this list? Seriously, that is double page spread of the year my friends! Hands down nothing was better than that.

I also clearly hear Adam West’s voice in that panel. But it’s Mayor West from Family Guy, not Batman West.

8. It kinda looks like Batman is giving a handjob to two frost giants in the “66″ panel.

9. OwlyFan says:

I’m glad to see the Wonder Woman Panel there, as I really enjoyed the art in the book this week.

10. Great choices…Carmine De Giandomenico is really nailin’ it in The Ultimates book and Matteo Scalera is fast becoming one of my favourite artists, again, great panels.

11. Nightwing97 Nightwing97 says:

I always wondered why nobody thought to have Reed do that.

12. sitara119 sitara119 says:

Has Batman ’66 (the digital copies) returned to it’s “pop-up” format like in the first 3 installments? I was so disappointed that issue 4 lacked this feature that I haven’t been back since. :(

13. TonyyyG TonyyyG says:

Cliff Chiang doe

14. iroberts007 iroberts007 says:

Love me some silver surfer.