EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW: Grifter #1 Interior Pages

Grifter #1

Grifter #1

As we slide into week #2 of the DC Relaunch, one of the titles I’ve been the most anticipating is Grifter #1 by Nathan Edmondson and Cafu.  As far as I can tell from the various images we’ve seen, Grifter appears to be the main Wildstorm character getting the biggest push (i.e. His appearance along with the Justice League in the pages of Flashpoint #5 most notably).

Today, we’re happy to share with you an exclusive preview of unseen pages from Grifter #1.  Below you can see pages #7 to #11 from the first issue where we’re introduced to Grifter in the new DC Universe.  One of the highlights of this title will surely be the artistic talents of Cafu, and in these pages you can see why.

When I read Grifter #1 while visiting DC Comics’ offices, my initial thought was that it wasn’t what I expected and I really did enjoy it. I did have questions for writer Nathan Edmondson though and got the opportunity to talk to him on the latest episode of iFanboy – Don’t Miss. You can listen to the interview below:

Grifter #1
Written by Nathan Edmondson
Art by Cafu
DC Comics – $2.99

Check out pages #7 to #11 from Grifter #1 on-sale this Wednesday:

Comments

1. stuclach stuclach says:

I’m planning on picking this one up.

2. keith7198 keith7198 says:

Thanks for posting this! Been looking for some interior images. This is one of the books I’m really hoping is great.

3. Wait he has a face? I knew less about Wildstorm than I thought I did.

4. I wanna know who is the Grifter?

5. VichusSmith VichusSmith says:

It’s aright, Grifter. Your mutton chop competition with Ron Richards is over. You won. Give ‘em up.

6. Loser13 Loser13 says:

awesome, the idea of him being the bad ass of DC is great. i hope they don’t over write him like the origins of wolverine. i’m excited for this title. thanks

7. xiseerht says:

I didn’t know Cafu was drawing this. I will be getting it now.

• tweeter81 tweeter81 says:

I don’t love the fact that the writer has some definite reservations about whether CAFU will be able to stay on schedule past issue 4-5. I would just hate for a fill-in artist, or a new one altogether, to get put on the book and have some of the creative synergy go away right when it’s getting started.

I’m going to stay positive that we’ll have a nice, long, stable run of this title.