Name: Alan Aguilera
For Comics shipping on 08/28/13
- CAPTAIN AMERICA #10
- DEADPOOL #15
- FF #11
- UNCANNY AVENGERS #11
- ITTY BITTY HELLBOY #1
- AMERICAN VAMPIRE ANTHOLOGY #1
- AQUAMAN #23
- NEW AVENGERS #9
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, VOL 01: COSMIC AVENGERS HC (PREMIUM)
- SECRET #3
- JUSTICE LEAGUE #23
- BATMAN / SUPERMAN #3
- THE MASSIVE #15
- KING CONAN: THE HOUR OF THE DRAGON #4
View details of my comics
Print Your Pullist
Some talking points:
1. The Zombie effects were awesome, I really enoyed it and it reminded me a lot fo the Romero films I grew up with.
2. Loved the score, wasn't too forced. It felt natural.
3. Didn't really find the show scary. Just the idea of living in that situation freaked me out. When Dwayne was crying because he saw his mother... that got me. I was young when I lost my mother so I can only imagine how truely heart breakign and terrifying that must be.
4. I had a huge screening party at my place. I made medium rare burgers and some random southern dishes. Out of the 7 people there, 3 had not read the book but they LOVED the show. My gf had problems with the flower scene and the dialogue scene in the car with Rick and Shane. She thought they went on too long, but once Rick woke up from his Coma she was gung ho into the show. I think everyone will keep watching, I know I will be.
I did have one nit pick, I did not like that they showed Lori and company before Rick got to them. I understand why they had to show that they were all alive... but it kills tension for me. Either way, best new show of the fall season hands down.
My brother and I ended up partaking in the competition again this year.
We were more prepared this year and paced ourselves, unlike last year.
I should get the master pages back soon. (Although Mike Norton's lettering is far superior than what we did.)
But it was fun, and we both got done in 18 hours.
@ Superyan. I am sorry I meant to say that he was a former scientologists. And he writes that he was in his book "Nothing is Impossible."
@ Conor I wasn't trying to start up a religious debate. I just wanted to know if TNC was serious in his comment. Or was he just trying to be a "cute"? That's all.
I really don't want to start a religious debate.
Your rule on no films with Scientologist in them must hurt your viewing.
Here are some notable Scientologist:
Kirstie Alley, Nancy Cartwright, Beck, Erika Christenson, Jenna Elfman, Paul Haggis, Jason Lee, Juliette Lewis, Christopher and Danny Masterson, Michael Pena, Laura Prepon, Giovanni Ribisi, Ethan Suplee, John Travolta, and the wonderful Christopher Reeve.
Plus I know for a fact that Damon Wayans is one. I've meet the man, and he told me. (He also said that Will Smith is one as well, but due to what happen with Tom. He won't say anything for or against Scientology.)
I by no means follow the absurd cult, I have my own problems with religion and Scientology is just as crazy as some other ones.
Wow I am Naive I didnt even know piracy was a problem in the comic industry.
I usually just buy whatever single I want and if I like the arc enough I will buy it in Hardcover.
It's a shame that people steal books off the internet, the comic industry can survive this type of theft. It's already hard enough for retailers and publishers to make money.