Pick of the Week Podcast
Reunited and it’s never felt so good. To celebrate over 500 episodes of the podcast, Josh Flanagan, Conor Kilpatrick, and Ron Richards get together for an unprecedented live stream podcast recording. For OVER THREE HOURS, the guys take YOUR questions and talk comics, the past 500 episodes and many other embarrassing stories. If you missed the live stream, no worries, we have the entire audio here for your enjoyment. So pop open a cold one, pull up a chair and get ready for the epic 501st episode.
Running Time: 03:13:54
00:17:54 – The tradition continues as we field questions from the loyal iFanbase for 3 hours straight. Listen as the iFanboy trio slowly fall apart, talking comics to the very bitter end.
- Adrian from Newastle, Australia wants to know which series the iFanboy used to love but don’t anymore. And also which color lightsaber they would wield.
- Matthew M. asks which was iFanboy’s favorite series canceled before its time.
- Charles T. from Front Royal, VA asks about which Marvel characters would wear the different Lantern rings and wants to know about DC and Image’s digital plans.
- Lukas B. from Neulengbach, Austria asks about murder mystery comics, Showcase Presents, music pairings with comics, and doppelgängers.
- Michael T. (and Brian C.) wants to know about the role of religion in superhero comic books.
- Matt W. from Charlotte, NC asks about Supergods and special edition podcasts.
- Nick P. from Luxembourg via Newport Beach, CA is looking for classic X-Men and Spider-Man stories, asks about Lucifer, and how to fix DC’s Robin problem.
- Wes from Newport, MN wants to know who would write and draw the comic book version of the iFanboy story.
- Chris J. from Whitby, Ontario, Canada asks about what the iFanboys have learned about hosting a podcast.
- Tom F. thinks maybe listeners should occasionally get to make the Pick of the Week.
- Teemu from Helsinki, Finland wants the iFanboys to come up with a special Top 5 list.
- Jarret G. is curious about the iFanboys’ preferred time and location for reading comics.
- Adam O. from Dayton, OH wants to know if Marvel’s top writers went to DC, which books would they write?
- Mike G. from Ottawa, Canada is curious if Josh still has that Lego TIE fighter.
- David G. from Worcester, MA has a question about the Ultimate universe.
- Edward G. is looking to play a word association game.
- Adam S. wants to know why certain writers get more leeway than others.
- Tom D. from Grand Isle, VT wants to delve into the question of continuity.
- Andrew H. wants to know what the iFanboy would do if they were in charge of Marvel’s Star Wars line.
- Eric E. asks about the comic books that most influenced the iFanboys, personally.
- Jay K. from South Carolina has a friend who makes him feel bad for reading comic books digitally.
- Matt K. from Long Island, NY wants Conor to do a specific sponsor read.
- Phil A. (and Travis R.) from Pennsylvania has a question about how to podcast.
- Jason S. wants to know why DC used to be better at continuity.
- Adam from Central Florida is curious if the iFanboys have changed their habits from four years ago.
- Ray D. wants to know if Ron still dislikes Morrison’s New X-Men and if anyone’s opinions have changed on The Dark Knight.
- Gabe A. from sometimes Cambridge, MA and sometimes Santa Monica, CA used to be deep into comic book culture but isn’t anymore. He wants to know what the iFanboys do to keep up?
- Brian W. from Atlanta, GA wants to know if there are any Pick of the Week regrets.
- Dan C. wants to know how the Pick of the Week is determined.
- Dave from Los Angeles, CA wants to know if people actually start reading comic books anywhere other than with the first issue.
- Wayne from Chula Vista, CA wants the iFanboys to do a special edition podcast on Seveneves.
- Patrick K. of Rohan wants to know where the fear of rebar came from.
- Zach G. from Virginia asks a question about fried chicken that throws the entire rest of the night into disarray.
- Ken O. from Madison Heights, MI asks about certain superheroes’ favorite music.
- Stuart C. from Sydney, Australia wants to know how Josh feels when one of his impressions doesn’t land.
- Stuart from Hampshire, England thinks that surely DC and Marvel will have to retire their old characters and create new ones.
- Scott C. from Fort Wayne, Indiana asks a deep question about the nature of criticism.
- Joe B. from St. Louis, MO asks about books that the iFanboys have enjoyed for the entirety of the run of the podcast.
- Tom C. from Newcastle, UK asks about comic books that don’t take place in cities, Conor’s college sex life, and Ron’s job status.
- Vincent from Westchester wants to know why the success of all of these comic book movies has not lead to booming comic book sales.
- Allan H. is a DC fan who is unhappy with DC and wants to know if he should jump ship to Marvel.
- Brian C. from Cleveland, OH wants to know if DC will reboot again when the New 52 titles hit their #52 and if the iFanboys could buy sketches for each other, what would they be and who would draw them?
- Greg O. from Hastings NE wants Tom Katers to come back on the show.
- Jason S. from Knoxville, TN wants to know if, when the show is over, the iFanboys will quite reading single issues (or comics altogether), how Ron’s time at Image Comics affected his comic book reading, and how the music on the show changed when Ron left.
- Ryan J. from Northfield, MN asks about the song choices that go with each podcast.
- Kerby O. from Austin, TX asks which Star Wars characters should have nicknames like “Lo”/Lobot.
- Bill S. from Kansas City wants to know why the iFanboy hate Fables.
- Miroslav L. from Croatia is curious about the most important thing when it comes to recording a weekly podcast.
- James V. from Brentwood, TN wants to know which comic book creators Ron knows personally and has a bizarre question about pudding.
- Brandon C. wants to know about the iFanboys’ most embarrassing moment related to comics.
- Joe C. wants to know what the best documentary about The Civil War is other than The Civil War, also he wants to know what the best book is.
- Tom K. from Washington DC has a bone to pick with Ron and reveals what Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon’s relationship is in the New 52.
- Kyle O. from Winnipeg, Ontario, Canada wants to know about the process of creating the podcast every week.
Brought To You By:
Geek Nation Tours - New York Comic Con! Middle Earth! Star Wars Celebration! Book your geek tour today!
Amazon - Get all your comics, DVDs, video games, electronics and more and help iFanboy out in the process!
iFanboy Members - Become one today for $3/month or $30/year! Or make a one time donation of any amount!
“Back And To The Left”
Texas Is The Reason
(Right-click and choose "Save As..." and save locally)
Doing the podcast is fun and all, but let's be honest, listening to the 3 of us talk to each other can get repetitive, so we look to you, the iFanboy listeners to participate in the podcast! "How can I get in on the fun?" you may ask yourself, well here's how:
- E-Mail us at email@example.com with any questions, comments or anything that may be on your mind.
Please don't forget to leave your name and where you're writing from and each week, we'll pick the best e-mails to include on the podcast!