Weekly Sketch Up – 11.30.2012

Kraven by Tom Fowler

Cable and Domino by Kevin Mellon

Wreck It Ralph by Skottie Young

Captain America by David Marquez

The Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot by Filipe Andrade

Judge Dredd by Andy MacDonald

Comments

1. optic00085 optic00085 says:

All lovely once again. Mahmud’s Rocketeer is gorgeous, that guy balances realism with motion and style so well!

Skottie’s Ralph is awesome, I haven’t seen the film yet, but this kind of makes me want to.

2. Grandturk says:

Dredd!!!

3. Jesse1125 Jesse1125 says:

best thing about that Captain America?The man in uniform is the focus and not the star spangled shield!
    Very nice touch and subtle coloring(not super bright red,white and blue)

4. cubman987 cubman987 says:

These are all great; absolutely love the Kraven by Tom Fowler.

5. DavidClark DavidClark says:

That’s a leaner, less bulkier Cap…I like it. The Rocketeer composition is unexpected.

6. Wreck it Ralph!

7. Dr.Casanova says:

Oh my god! Big guy and rusty. I miss them so much, damn columbia pictures not releasing the show on DVD. But seriously i love how it captures the sleek 1950′s car look of the big guy and the use of shadow. Heh, makes it seem like they’re really made of metal.

8. JRoUKno JRoUKno says:

The Big Guy and Rusty sketch just made my day.

9. Great to see a portuguese artist in this list.

10. I mean on this list.

Good week. I consider Asrar and Fowler two of my favorite artists and I can’t remember ever reading a single comic they’ve worked on. It’s all thanks to Sketch Up.

Nice to see Big Guy and Rusty get some love. Such great design.

12. misterckent misterckent says:

I just found a “Big Guy and Rusty” comic at a thrift store. It’s number two, but it’s totally fun and oversized. The art is Geoff Darrow and written by Frank Miller. A beautiful and amazing thing I’d never heard of. Then I searched it and found out it was a cartoon?!

13. BornIn1142 BornIn1142 says:

That’s a damn nice Kraven. Love the shadowed face.

14. kennyg kennyg says:

Asrar’s Rocketeer is wonderful. Wish I could get a print of that.

McDonald’s Dredd is cool – almost Bisley-esque. I checked out his blog, and his work looks like a mix of Moebius and Simon Bisley.

15. xoman xoman says:

Did you guys include the Cable & Domino sketch just for the camel toe or what?

16. randall4000 randall4000 says:

Mahmud Asrar is the unsung hero of comic art!

17. koryrosh koryrosh says:

I love Asrar’s art (remember the steampunk Supergirl from a few weeks ago??). Out of curiosity, Josh,are these pics drawn from the artist’s deviantart (or something similar) page? Just wondering how you go about picking (and more importantly finding!) this stuff – it’s easily my favorite feature!

18. RoiVampire RoiVampire says:

I want that Kraven piece on my wall