Weekly Sketch Up – 02.01.2013

HumanTorch_DexterSoy

Human Torch by Dexter Soy

Daredevil_Samnee

Daredevil by Chris Samnee

land_of_nostalgia_by_patrickballesteros-d5rndmz

The Land of Nostalgia by Patrick Ballesteros

Comments

1. Grandturk says:

Land of Nostalgia – nice!

2. cubman987 cubman987 says:

Love the Land of Nostalgia. I want to go to there.

3. bigyanks bigyanks says:

Almost didnt see the voltron lion arm, i want to buy that as a print!!

4. DavidClark DavidClark says:

That Torch looks malevolent, I dig it.

I love that Daredevil — the composition, the tone, using Cap’s shield!

5. redwingsguy redwingsguy says:

I love the Human Torch by Dexter Soy. Looks great!

6. Chris Samnee could draw my mother being punched in the face by my worst enemy and I would still think it’s beautiful. My god I love his look.

7. Spidertrav says:

That Human Torch is AMAZING! Excellent work on the fire!

The Land of Nostalgia is super fun! Had a great time picking out all the shows. I’m glad D&D was represented. I’d like this as a print also.

Also, excellent use of simple lines on that Hulk. Very slick!

8. graphica says:

The Human Torch sketch is awesome and the Nostalgia is amazing. I can either name the character or the show it was from. Ahh, those were the days!

9. This is just a great week from top o bottom. That Human Torch is captivating. I can’t take my yes off of it. Fiona Staples is quickly becoming one of my favorite artists. I want to live in the Land of Nostalgia. Just a teller week.

10. spaceghost15 spaceghost15 says:

What no Gummy Bears in The Land Of Nostalgia? Otherwise it is great. Love al lthe sketches. Human Torch and Daredevil tops.

11. I feel like I’d like the land of nostalgia if I was born in 1980 and actually nostalgic for those shows. Alas.

However, I really dig that Hulk picture. Don’t know why, it just seems very evocative to me.

Who is Dexter Soy, and where has he been all my life?

The Silverhawks guy was what tipped me over the edge into full nostalgia mode. Amazing.

Where are they all going? Over the cliff at the edge of Nostalgia and into the Sea of Obscurity?

• bub64882 bub64882 says:

Dexter Soy is the artist on Captain Marvel (the former Ms Marvel), and after a rocky start, is doing an amazing job…there are some undersea landscapes in the last couple issues that made my jaw drop.

13. tomdpimp tomdpimp says:

The only thing missing from the nostalgia one is Jaycee and the Wheeled Warriors.

Or the Bionics Six