‘The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes!’ – S02E07 – “Who Do You Trust?”

Seems strange that with the movie out there’s no sign of Black Widow.

Here’s how “Who Do You Trust?” is described:

The Avengers are torn apart when Nick Fury returns and reveals that the shapeshifting alien Skrulls have begun infiltrating Earth. The situation becomes worse when they learn a Skrull lurks within the Avengers.

I look forward to your thoughts, opinions, gripes, live-blogging, etc.

Comments

1. RobotZombie RobotZombie says:

Beta Ray Bill next week!

2. RahUniQue RahUniQue says:

The Griffen! Old School Wackos fan swoons at the sight of the Griffen!

3. RahUniQue RahUniQue says:

SPOILERS : NOT BOBBI!!! NO!!! I guess Bobbi is taking Jessica Drew’s place as the mole?

• WacoKid says:

Definitely seems that way. I had a feeling that was the case when Fury told Stark about Mockingbird only bringing Viper’s corpse to him, so I was glad I was right at the end of the episode.

• SDucky25 SDucky25 says:

Well, Bobbi was a Skrull herself in Secret Invasion. But, yeah. No Spider-Woman. So it’s Mockingbird. That works. But I liked her a lot in the solo episode we had with her and Hawkeye. I hope the real Mockingbird gets recovered and she joins up with the team at some point. Or maybe since the Avengers movie is pushing the old Black Widow/Hawkeye relationship, that won’t happen.

4. Conor Kilpatrick Conor Kilpatrick (@cskilpatrick) says:

For some reason, this isn’t airing until 5pm for me…

5. nastysnow nastysnow says:

Secret invasion and I love it

6. princegary08 princegary08 says:

I really hope that they don’t take this off and put up a more USM type avengers. I like USM show but I like the avengers have story with-in a story like Young Justice.

7. Jediaxle Jediaxle says:

Best part about this is big characters are skulls. That is what always got me with secret invasion. It was all mid level people who were skulls.

8. JesseCuster says:

I’ve yet to have sat down an watched this toon, but am intrigued.

Question, if I made a scale like this:

1 – Marvel Super Hero Squad
    3 – Batman The Brave and The Bold
    5 – Teen Titans
    7- Xmen cartoon (1991)
    9 – Justice League Unlimited
    11 – Batman: The Animated Series

that’s basically a kid-level meter… where would this particular Avenger toons fall between?

• If you’re suggesting that 11 is the best then I’d say it sits somewhere in the 9′s or 10′s. It’s pretty damn good and well worth the watch. Lots of classic stories are covered.

• lukehopkins lukehopkins says:

it’s a 9, it has a light feel but it’s intense in terms of plot and nods to fans. Young Justice is about 11, it’s a darker show, more menace to the characters, and maybe a bit more complex in the plot.

• bub64882 bub64882 says:

I’d give Young Justice a 15, and this a 9. I equate it to JLU.

9. You know when they bring back the leather Avengers jackets stuff is going haywire!

10. Animated NIck Fury now dyes his beard.

11. Macgargan says:

It saddens me that with the inclusion of Jeph Loeb on the production staff it means that we’ve seen the end of multi-part stories, which was one of the strongest aspects of the first season.