PREVIEW: FF #1 by Matt Fraction & Mike Allred

Isn’t it just like starting over?

With Marvel NOW!, we’re seeing a significant overhaul on FF #1, replacing Jonathan Hickman with Matt Fraction, and placing Mike Allred himself on art duties. Also significant is that this team with consist of a replacement team while the original Fantastic Four is away. You can welcome Ant-Man, She-Hulk, Medusa, and Miss Thing to active duty, for four minutes apparently.

You can pick up FF #1 in stores on November 5.

Comments

1. harwellpkg harwellpkg says:

I’m loving all the Skottie Young variant covers! Just wish there was an easier and cheaper way to get them all!

2. Was getting this just for the Allred art, but after being impressed by Fraction on Hawkeye, I’m really excited for this. Though we could be getting Fraction like on Fear Itself…

3. nastysnow nastysnow says:

not,a fan of alred

4. wangman31888 wangman31888 says:

So who is Miss Thing?

5. Eh…

6. zlbenson zlbenson says:

digging it. I;m on board.

7. Awesome, and really disappointing to hear that people are not excited for this, It’s so outlandishly awesome.

8. Not a fan of Fraction what so ever but willing to give this a chance due to the art and the characters.

• trobinson79 trobinson79 says:

I’m not Fraction’s biggest fan either – never could get into his Thor work and Fear Itself obviously left a bad taste in everybody’s mouths. My opinion of him is slowly changing though because of Hawkeye. If he can make this his own like he did for Hawkeye, I think this book will do great.

9. chronotis chronotis says:

Fraction’s run on Iron Man was really good. Fear itself, sucked.

10. This is one of the Marvel NOW! books I am actually excited for, along with Captain America. Can’t wait to dive into this one. I loved what Fraction did on Iron Man, who is my favorite super-hero. Now I can’t wait to see what he does with this version of the Fantastic Four, which is my favorite team book. Definitely picking this one up ASAP!

11. franchise franchise says:

This is going to be a train wreck.

12. If this was only written by someone else. Cause these pages look fantastic.

13. muddi900 says:

The Point One preview was the only redeeming thing about the issue…

14. y2kkev y2kkev says:

The only thing better than Mike Allred drawing FF is if Kirby’s ghost could hold a pencil. If only they could do a crossover with The Atomics.

15. JDA190 JDA190 says:

I’m still on the fence about this book. I love She-Hulk and usually get anything with her in it. But Allred’s art isn’t really my kind of thing.

Ah hell, I can at least get the first couple right?

16. r3v r3v says:

There’s a… uh… there’s a Miss Thing SUIT? What? Why would… what’s the… I don’t know about this.

17. JimShelley JimShelley says:

As business decisions go, I’m not sure why Marvel would give Fraction another Team book. Didn’t they just cancel the Defenders? And does anyone even remember The Order? I don’t think he’s really cut out to write books with multiple heroes. Fear Itself was god awful. I’d be surprised if this book lasts a year.

More than anything, this cover makes me wish Marvel was still publishing X-Statics!

18. bwachter70 bwachter70 says:

I may get the first issue and try it. I am becoming more of an Allred fan, but Ms. Thing just seems like a waste. They could have put someone else int that position on the team.

19. player1 player1 says:

I liked the Ant-Man piece in MNPO.

I kept my subscription to FF, just to give this a shot.

Hope I like it. I think I will.