Preview: DJANGO UNCHAINED #1 by R.M. Guera

Suppose you like your Quentin Tarantino done in comics form, as well as in the cinema. If you also liked Scalped we’ve got good news for you. R.M. Guera, mostly known in the US as the artist on the recently concluded Scalped, is adapting Django Unchained, and this is what it looks like.

The first issue will be in stores and digital on December 19, before the film, which is set to be released on December 25. So, watch out for spoilers, I suppose.

Guera, a master any way you look at it, is doing the bulk of the book. Jason Latour is contributing flashback scenes, and that will be Jim Lee himself doing a variant cover.

For more, get to Vertigo.

Here’s a trailer for the flick:

Comments

1. Will Magnus Will Magnus says:

Very cool…I’m looking forward to the movie and issue #1 (out of 5?) will be a nice teaser.

2. TomiH TomiH says:

I’m greatly anticipating both the movie and comic. Seeing those pages makes me already miss Scalped…

3. indigomx9 indigomx9 says:

Wow I didn’t know they were making this into a comic? The movie looks really good.

4. RaBoogie RaBoogie says:

I’m gonna buy this so hard…

5. The trailer looks so bad. Typical Tarantino. Everything I dislike about him is in there.
    But the comic looks so good. Typical Guera. Everything I love about him is in there.
    Is there an edition of this without the dialog? That would be perfect for me!!

6. DenverDave DenverDave says:

Actually, I’m not psyced. I love Guera. This seems… like a payday. Who is writing it?

• Parri Parri (@pazzatron) says:

The credit on the first preview page just says “Adapted from the original screenplay by Quentin Tarantino”.

Now is that an adaptation of a QT screenplay or is it QT adapting the screenplay himself?

No other writer’s credit makes me suspect the latter.