Exclusive: Your First Look at October’s BATGIRL #2 with a Cover by Adam Hughes

DC provided us with your first look at Adam Hughes’ cover for October’s Batgirl #2.

Why is a noticeably de-aged (be-younged? regenerated?) Babs skulking around in graveyards in the rain? Who is Mirror and why does he need two handguns to do his thing? And if you punch him (or her) in the face, will you receive seven year’s bad luck?

BATGIRL #2

Written by GAIL SIMONE

Art by ARDIAN SYAF and VICENTE CIFUENTES

Cover by ADAM HUGHES

On sale OCTOBER 12 * 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US * RATED T

The nightmare-inducing brute known as Mirror is destroying the lives of Gotham City citizens seemingly at random, and an explosive confrontation between Batgirl and Mirror leads Babs to question wearing the cape and cowl at all!

The riveting adventures of Batgirl continue in stunning fashion, with script by fan-favorite Gail Simone and stellar art by superstar Ardian Syaf!

Comments

1. That’s a great cover by Hughes!

Still not sure if I want to buy this or wait for the trades….Like the idea for the new villain though.

2. mrfrost mrfrost says:

Really nice cover. I’ll defintley be picking this series up.

3. JNewcomb JNewcomb says:

Adam is a brilliant artist. There’s something about the way he draws expressions however which turn me off.

4. rwpos rwpos says:

Batgirl versus the Hood! It’s good to see him back again too after Seige. I guess the DC relaunch is even broader than first expected…

5. misterckent misterckent says:

I’ve gotta pick up these books for Adam Hughes and my love of Batgirl.  Definitely on for this ride!

6. Walter Walter says:

I will be buying Batgirl when it relaunches, but I have to say I am actually disappointed that they are bringing Barbra back as Batgirl. I have really been enjoying the current Batgirl run.

7. keith7198 keith7198 says:

I do love Ardian Syaf’s art. Petty anxious for this one.

8. torippu torippu says:

My first thought on seeing the shadow on this cover was that AH had included Ghost (from his Dark Horse Comics career) in it as a winking nod to his past work.

9. BornIn1142 BornIn1142 says:

Barbara looks appropriately juvenile, of course.

10. jessidee jessidee says:

Love the cover. I’ll miss Stephanie, but I’m looking forward to reading Simone’s take on Batgirl.

11. kennyg kennyg says:

I wasn’t gonna read Batgirl, but I think I’m going to try it after all. GREAT cover.

12. mikegraham6 mikegraham6 says:

Prediction: People will HATE that cover…

i love it

13. Bytor88 Bytor88 says:

Looks good…really want to figure out how the new Barbara Gordon stories will turn out!

14. Well the cover looks awesome. Of all the re-launches I’m maybe most interested in how they pull off this one, what with all the history Barbara has.

15. ericmci ericmci says:

If Babs is going to be all teenage what is the point of swapping one stephanie brown for another?

16. Conor Kilpatrick conor (@cskilpatrick) says:

@ericmci  Marketing. More people know who Barbara Gordon is than Stephanie Brown.

Nice cover. I remain uninterested in picking this up. But maybe I’ll change my tune come September.

I do like the idea of a villain with a mirror for a face. That’s gotta be distracting for his oponent.

18. boostergold4 says:

So has it been established if Barbara was ever Oracle in the new DC universe?

19. Kodaiji Kodaiji says:

I hope this doesn’t all take place in a VR or Matrix world. If they try to keep Oracle and Babs Batgirl, that might be the way they go.

20. What about the other Bat books that were announced this week?

A Penguin and Huntress mini series is an odd choice but they got some interesting creators on them. Certainly showing DC has a lot more new talent going into this reboot then initally thought.